As I got some free time today, I decided to move my self-hosted MySQL installation, which is backing this blog and some other stuff too, to a dedicated AWS RDS instance.
In the past few months I worked on a project where one of my tasks involved setting up the project’s CI infrastructure. Actually, it would have been sufficient if I just setup a plain Jenkins with a few jobs and leave it at that. However, this would have been too boring, so I started to think how to make things more interesting. After some thinking I decided to connect this task to a small AWS exploration and try to deploy the project to an AWS cluster.
Every developer knows (or at least should know) about application logging and different log levels. After all, logging is one of the most important functionalities every piece of software should support. Yet, at the same time it is also one of the more difficult to do proper.
Lately I encountered a seemingly strange behaviour when running unit-tests with Maven’s Surefire-Plugin.
I proudly present my new blog almost-a-blog.net.
Some of you might ask, why I chose “that” name. And not something more self-explaining.
Well, I registered this domain before I actually decided to setup a blog on it, and up to now I still use it for various non “blogish” things, and so the blog was somewhat a addition to the existing collection of setups hidden beneath the “almost-a-blog.net” domain.
To say it in technical terms… it’s kinda a “legacy domain” and I don’t feel like registering an own domain for this blog.
Maybe in the future, but definitely not at the moment.
A short introduction of myself… Continue reading “print(“Hello World”)”